My Characters In Undertale - Asteroids and Dragons x Undertale Redraw

 


Characters:
Candace Andrews as Frisk
Cathrine Andrews as Flowey
Kendra Andrews as Chara
Eli Jenson as Mettaton
Andy Harris as Napstablook
Chloe Charmichael as Sans
Anya Adams as Papyrus

Time:
Approx. 5 Hours


I actually really enjoyed the original of this drawing! But it was just too outdated and I decided to update it. There are two character swap outs from the original. I decided to make Eli be Mettaton instead of Carter. If you know anything about Eli's character, you'd probably be able to guess why this makes more sense. Eli is an absolute showman and I could see him threatening some of the good guys with chainsaws and baking shows. I also switched out Jeff as Flowey for a character who is making her first appearance on my blog: Cathrine! Cathrine is Candace and Kendra's sister. She's the middle child, actually. I think of Cathrine as more of Asriel in this AU, but Asriel and Flowey are the same person, hence Cathrine is Flowy. Some characters who aren't featured here but still exist in this AU are: Ella La Rue as Toriel, Carter Freeman as Asgore, Bea Thatcher as Undyne, Ida Wyvern as Alphys, Jeff Deavon as Monster Kid, and Tyler Everton as Burgerpants.

Something I said I disliked in the original was how I didn't make Anya and Carter's designs "truly the Undertale character." Well, for this one, I tried to make the actual Asteroids and Dragons characters shine through. I like that a lot better than just sticking my characters in the Undertale character's outfits. My favorite thing I did with the outfits is putting Chloe in Crocs instead of Sans' slippers. Anya's design changed the least from the original to the redraw. In the original, I gave Carter the yellow soul in his Mettaton outfit because it matched his character. In this, I gave Eli the blue soul, which stands for Integrity. Eli does not possess integrity. He has whatever the opposite of integrity is. I find this absolutely hilarious.

I used a pale red for the shadows and a pale blue for the highlights, which is a new thing for me. Usually I do the highlights and shadows with the same color. I personally think this change looks so much better. I did a purple overlay over the whole thing. To put a little bit more life into my character's skin, I used a light red color with the airbrush tool on a multiply layer in places I thought there would be blush (joints, nose, cheeks, etc.) I used the particle brush for Kendra's freckles, which is a new addition to her drawn design since the last time I drew her digitally.

I hope you all enjoyed this! I've really been enjoying redrawing my old pieces from quarantine, and I'm still planning on doing more. If you have any questions about my characters or art, feel free to ask in the comments!

Stay Awesome! <3

Comments

The Best of the Best

It's a Beautiful Day Outside - Undertale Fanart

Unfinished Symphony - Dream SMP Fanart

My First Doll Repaint!: Day One + Photos