Finale - Undertale Fanart

I'm really proud of this drawing! This post is gonna have a little more text than usual, so if you haven't played Undertale and want to avoid spoilers, this is you spoiler warning.
So, as you can probably tell, I love Undertale to bits. I've 100% completed the game once (Neutral and then True Pacifist) and am currently working through my second playthrough. This art work, if you can't tell, takes place during the Photoshop Flowey battle when all the souls rebel and are helping you. I put some fire in the foreground because Flowey shoots fire during the battle and I thought it made the drawing look more interesting.
Since this drawing looked so good, I wanted to make lightning strike two more times. My plan was to draw a piece similar to this one but with Asriel breaking the barrier and then one with Chara and all the souls broken and the "9999999" in the background. I drew the first one and it didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it to. So I have yet to do the Genocide counter part.
I really want to finish the set, but I don't really have the motivation to do it. It's not that I have art block or something, I've been drawing constantly. I guess it's just that the Asriel one turned out like garbage.
But I should just get back to the art your seeing right now. To do all the light and shadows, I used a variety of Add, Multiply, and Soft Light layers. To do the more atmospherical lighting, I used some gradients on those same kind of layers coming from the light sources.
Sorry if this post is more of a slog to get through than my normal one line with a piece of art post. I'm going to be trying this out more and please feel free to comment and let me know if you like this more blog-like post format. Also, let me know if you want to see the Asriel drawing. I'm not very proud of it, but it might be interesting to you guys.
Stay Awesome! <3  

Comments

The Best of the Best

It's a Beautiful Day Outside - Undertale Fanart

Unfinished Symphony - Dream SMP Fanart

My First Doll Repaint!: Day One + Photos